40th Anniversary Block Party
Because 40 years of community support deserves a party!
For 40 years we have had amazing support from our owners and neighbors and we want to say thanks. So we'll be hosting a free block party for our owners, shoppers, vendors and the public on Sunday, September 7 from noon to 6:00pm on 22nd Street between Lyndale and Garfield Avenues. The event will feature food, live music and a Meet the Farmers tent where you can mingle with the people who grow and raise the local food you enjoy at the Wedge.
Block party highlights will include:
- A Meet the Farmers Tent with Gardens of Eagan, Riverbend Farm, Hoch Orchard, Thousand Hills, Lamb Shoppe, Dave Rogotze Salmon, Ferndale Market, Cedar Summit, Shepard's Way, Living the Dream. View Schedule
- Local vendors will have samples and activities like lasso tricks, pepper roasting, ice cream making and live ducks and geese. Alaffia, Sunrise Pasta, Seven Sundays, NessAlla, Deena's, Lume, Equal Exchange, Joia Soda, Tula's Coco Kefir, Emily Floyd, Liz P, Larissa Loden will all be in attendance.
- A music and entertainment stage featuring local artists, including headliners The Pines
- Local brewery Indeed Brewery to host a beer garden
- On-site food trucks include Chef Shack, Hot Indian Food and O'Cheeze
- Farmers, vendors and producers will host a hospitality tent to discuss healthy, local food options, provide food samples and products for sale
This event will be a zero waste event, thanks to support from Eureka Recycling.
And we couldn't pull this off without support from our amazing local sponsors and long-time partners: Angie's Popcorn, Organic Valley, Dr. Bronner's, Frontier, Way Better Snacks, SnoPac, Clif Bar, Bob's Red Mill, Runa Tea, Nordic Naturals, Nature's Gate, Tom's, 89.3 The Current, Common Roots and Fellow.
12:30 – 1:15 p.m. Spider John Koerner
1:30 – 2:15 p.m. Erik Koskinen
2:30 – 3:15 p.m. DOSH
3:30 – 4:15 p.m. Maria Isa
4:30 – 5:15 p.m. The Pines
We'll have four different options for you to avoid a parking crunch at the event. Choose from one of these:
- We're providing a free shuttle service for all event goers from Dunwoody College of Technology. Located at 818 Dunwoody Blvd, Minneapolis, MN 55403, shuttles will be departing and returning between 9:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. The shuttle will run every 10 - 15 minutes and will drop event goers off at 22nd and Garfield.
- The Walker Art Center, located in Minneapolis at 1750 Hennepin Avenue, offers underground parking for $4 a day up to 12 hours. Enter the ramp on Vineland Place at Bryant Avenue and enjoy the short walk to the party.
- Take your bike out for a spin! Nice Ride is providing us with 300 additional bike parking spaces for the event.
- And then there's always Metro Transit.
Sunday Hours and Store Parking
We are gearing up for the 40th Anniversary Block Party on Sunday, September 7th and need to close the South Parking Lot on Saturday, September 6th at 4:00 p.m. to begin setting up tents.
On Sunday, September 7th, the store will be open with regular hours 8 am - 10 pm. The north parking lot will be for customers shopping only, not for block-party goers.