From the Spring Share 2014 – Spring Brunch Recipes
2 cups rolled oats (choose gluten-free oats for a gluten-free version)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1∕3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1∕3 cup salted and toasted sunflower seeds
2 Tbsp. golden flax seeds
2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
2 Tbsp. chia seeds
1∕3 cup maple syrup or honey
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1∕3 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1∕3 cup dried blueberries
1∕3 cup shelled pistachios, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F
1. Combine oats, almonds and seeds in a bowl; set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, stir together maple syrup or honey, brown sugar, cane sugar, spices and salt. Bring mixture to a simmer over medium heat and immediately pour over oat mixture.
3. Stir oat mixture until evenly coated, then spread onto an oiled or parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake for 20 minutes. Cool.
5. Break up granola and combine with remaining ingredients.
Makes approx. 5 cups