From the Summer 2016 Share – Produce A Plenty
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 can (14 oz.) coconut milk
- 2½ cups water
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- Bring jalapeño, corn kernels, coconut milk, and water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat, and simmer until corn is tender, about 20 minutes. Turn off and let cool.
- Filling a blender halfway and covering with a kitchen towel, puree soup in batches. Strain through a coarse sieve into a large bowl; discard solids. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chill soup at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Before serving, stir in lime juice, garnish with cilantro if desired, and season with pepper.